System Requirements and Compatibility#
What are the system requirements to use Galactic?#
Galactic Camera requires you to install software on your computer and currently does not run on your phone. Your experience will be best if you are using newer Mac & Windows computers & Chrome as your browser.
- For Mac: MacOSX 10.15.x or higher
- For Windows: Windows 10
Which Video Platforms does Galactic Work with?#
Galactic works with video platforms that allow for virtual cameras to be selected in meetings:
Galactic cannot be used on video platforms that currently don’t allow virtual cameras as a source: Skype, Slack, FaceTime, or WhatsApp.
Galactic works on the web versions of Microsoft Teams and Slack video chat.
Where can I download Galactic?#
Go to https://app.galactic.io/camera to download Galactic Camera for your computer.
How do I install Galactic Camera?#
How do I use the Galactic Camera in a meeting?#
Once you complete installation, you will be able to select Galactic Camera as a source in your video settings. If you’re not seeing Galactic Camera as a camera that you can select, restart your video app (like Zoom, Teams, Webex etc.), or your browser (if you’re using web-based versions or web-based platforms like Google Meet ).
In general, if you run into issues as you use Galactic, restart the camera and/or browser. Thanks for being an early user <3!
What are these apps you keep talking about? Tell me everything!
Apps help make your meetings more…Galactic!
More about apps here.
Privacy and Permissions#
Mac users, make sure your browser and app have permissions to share your screen (not an us-thing, it’s a Mac thing).
- Choose Apple menu > System Preferences,
- Click Security & Privacy
- Click Privacy. Select Screen Recording.
- Select the checkbox next to an app or browser to allow it to record your screen.
Any other Pro tips?#
When in doubt or things seem funky:
- Check to see if the Galactic Icon is on your task bar. Search for “Galactic Cam” on your computer and click on the icon to turn the Camera on.
- Restart. I know.. restarting your Galactic App and Video Apps (like Zoom, Teams etc), and/or your browser (for web based platforms like Meet) usually do the trick.
- Mac users, make sure your browser and app have permissions to share your screen (not an us-thing, it’s a Mac thing). Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Security & Privacy, then click Privacy. Select Screen Recording. Select the checkbox next to an app or browser to allow it to record your screen.